Arrows of poisoned words
were aimed at my tender heart
one each for every passing second
Years had gone by, and
now my heart got used to it
I took all that pain
just for my guileless friend
who came home one fine morning
I gave him food and water
and a place to sleep
He was a pure soul
in a few weeks
I found him growing weak
I could not bear that sight
Though I stood up for him
and shielded him not failing
They had their arrows ready,
Arrows of poisoning words
Now poison filled my veins
I was no longer standing
I hoped on my knees
They would step back one day
They had no mercy at all
They aimed at him when I fell
Those arrows pierced his heart
Poison put him down
And I watched him die in pain
George Rino
No comments:
Post a Comment